One Year Anniversary Post

 As a celebration of my blog's one-year anniversary, I will shed some insight into the process by which I make blog entries.

Step 1: The Idea

The first step is coming up with an idea. As you may have noticed thus far, I have several types of categories of blog entries, from analysis of scenes in various works to essays that express various opinions.

This is in many ways, the easiest step, and I often find myself passively coming up with ideas when I am doing other things, such as walking, driving my car or relaxing before bedtime. Not all of those ideas are worth pursuing, but for those that are, I proceed to step 2.

Step 2: Planning It Out

The next step is planning the blog post. I generally have a rough outline of how I want to proceed, although I may change the specifics when I actually work on it. Some blog entries have a specific layout, while in other cases, it may be a standard essay format- an introductory paragraph, a few body paragraphs and a conclusion.

At this stage, I may sometimes discard a few of my half-formed thoughts, if I decide they would not make for good blog entries. Sometimes, ideas seem better in my head than they are in reality, in which case I abandon them in favor of more worthwhile topics.

Step 3: Writing It Up

In many of my writing projects, I finds that writing up my work is the simplest and shortest step, since when I outline my work, I decide what I am going to say and how I am going to express it.

Like in Step 2, there are some cases in which I end up being dissatisfied with the end result and discarding it.

Step 4: Revision

After finishing writing up a blog post, I may leave it be for a little while to let it "marinate," a technique I learned in college. The theory behind the technique is that if you wait for a while before revising, you might be in a better frame of mind to make the changes that you need to. After that waiting period, I take a look over the blog entry and usually make whatever changes I need to, usually fixing spelling mistakes, changing phrasing or adding or removing details as necessary. The overall message doesn't change, only how I express it.

Usually, if I manage to get a first draft up, I am satisfied with the work enough to make it to the final step- publishing the blog entry.

Step 5:Publication

The last step is to hit the Publish button and make a new blog post. In general, I aim to update once every five days, if not less, and there are many times in which I leave mostly completed blog entries so I can have something to publish the next time I want to update my blog.

Conclusion

As with any creative endeavor, it is often easier to come up with ideas than to actually put them to paper, and I have many blog entries I discarded before making the ones you see here. Nevertheless, I have no shortage of things I would like to discuss on this blog, so I appreciate your taking the time to read this blog over the past year, and hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Emblem Engage: Fell Xenologue Review Part 3

Shinrai's Kotoba: When the Worst Character is Still Necessary to the Narrative

Game of Thrones Season 8 Review Part 8: Conclusion