Persona 5 As Told By AI Dungeon: The Interrogation

 You may recall the time when I retold Persona 5's prologue in AI Dungeon. This time, I will do a retelling of the interrogation scene, one that starts strange and gets weirder from there.

Again, the bolded part is the prompt, and the rest is what the AI came up with. This time, I'm mostly letting it speak for itself, but continued until I arrived at a good stopping point.

You are Ren Amamiya, leader of the Phantom Thieves, a group of criminals bent on reforming society. During your last heist, someone betrayed you and leaked your plans to the police, resulting in you being arrested. You were taken to an interrogation room beneath the police headquarters, beaten, drugged with truth serum and threatened into signing a false confession, but to the best of your knowledge, none of your friends have been caught yet. After the police finished questioning you, public prosecutor Sae Niijima arrives in the detention center to question you. "I'm Sae Niijima of the prosecutor's office. I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask you," Sae says.

"Go ahead."

"First off, I'd like to establish your identity. For this, I need you to lift up your shirt."

You pull up your shirt to expose your bare stomach.

"These scars, where did they come from?" Sae asks.

"They're from the experiments my master, Dr. Satan, performed on me."

"What experiments?"

"You're a prosecutor, so you must know. They're a perfect match to the wounds on his body, aren't they?"

Sae blinks once or twice, but continues to look at you.

"Those scars, do you mind if we have them?"

"I suppose not," Sae says.

You unbutton your jacket, and pull it off, to expose your black, wintry tattoos.

"These are the marks left behind from The Six. One of whom is a traitor, I might add."

"Oh, so you've been told, huh?"

"You could say that," Sae smiles.

Sae jots down a few notations, and then says, "Now, we've covered your identity, but I still need to establish your relationship to the rest of the group. For this, I need you to look at the members of my team, and tell me who you know."

"Wait, what?"

Sae raises a hand to halt you.

"Before we continue, I need to ask you a question. I need you to listen carefully, and reply truly."

"What?"

"Do you deny being a part of this group?"

"No."

"Do you deny working for Dr. Satan?"

"No."

"Do you deny having anything to do with the death of Dr. Satan or Mr. Demar?"

"No!"

Sae leans back and sighs.

"I suppose we have no choice. You are hereby stripped of your rank as a captain, and you are dismissed from the service. You may go."

Sae stands and offers a hand, which you take.

"Thank you for your time, Captain," Sae says.

You stand, and head to the door. As you step out, Sae calls out to you.

"Amamiya!"

You turn, and look at Sae.

"I would have thought that you of all people would welcome this. He was a rotten apple, and his work was useless. You... you're different. Your work with the Phantom Thieves is going to be useful."

"I suppose," you say, not knowing what else to say. "I have a duty to my country."

"If you insist, you may stay in touch with me through this number. And if you have any problems, you can always come to me. I'll be in the courthouse until midnight, so if you need to see me, come then."

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you again, Sae."

"You're quite welcome. Until we meet again, Captain. And remember, the evidence will always point to the lie, so you better be prepared to refute it. It's up to you whether you reveal the truth or not, but if you do, remember that I'm a very good attorney."

"Until then, Sae, you can count on me," you say, and click your heels together.

Outside the building, you sigh.

"Well, that didn't go as well as expected," you say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Emblem Engage: Fell Xenologue Review Part 3

Shinrai's Kotoba: When the Worst Character is Still Necessary to the Narrative

Game of Thrones Season 8 Review Part 8: Conclusion